Rajasthan Atomic Power Station Rawatbhata India
The Rajasthan Atomic Power Station Rawatbhata is situated at Rawatbhata, Chittorgarh District, Rajasthan. The total installed capacity of the plant is 1180 MWe and the firm capacity is 681 MWe.
This is a fully operating plant and the power from the plant is mainly used as base load. The electric power from the plant is connected to the regional grid and the reactor used in the plant is a Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR). Water taken from Rawatbhata Lake (Rana Pratap Sagar) is the main source water in the plant and By 2010 (R-3 and R-4) and 2008 (R-5 and R-6) under new agreement, the safeguard measures are used in the plant.
The plant has six different units and the IAEA-ID number for the six units is IN-3 Rajasthan-1, IN-4 Rajasthan-2, IN-11 Rajasthan-3, IN-12 Rajasthan-4, IN-19 Rajasthan-5 and IN-20 Rajasthan-6. The first two units have an installed capacity of 207 MWe, the third and fourth units have an installed capacity of 202 MWe, and the fifth and sixth unit has an installed capacity of 220 MWe. The first and second units are commissioned on 16-December-1973 and 01-April-1981, the construction work of these two units starts in 1965 and 1968 respectively. The third and fourth units are commissioned on 01-June-2000 and 23-December-2000, the construction work of both units starts in 1990. The third and fourth units are commissioned on 18-September-2010 and 31-March-2010 respectively. The construction work of fifth and sixth units starts in the years 2002 and 2003.
AECL/DAE (units 1 & 2) and NPCIL (units 3 to 6) are the reactor manufacturer of the plant. The turbine and generator manufacturers are AECL Canada (for units 1 & 2) and BHEL India (units 3 to 6). The reactor models used are PHWR CANDU (units 1 and 2) and PHWR (four-loop) (units 3 to 6). Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd is the owner, operating company and construction contractor of the plant.
How to Reach: Rajasthan Atomic Power Station is located in the Rawatbhata town of Chittorgarh district in Rajasthan, India. Rawatbhata Railway Station is the nearest railway station and Jaipur International Airport is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Rajasthan Atomic Power Station Rawatbhata
• Commissioned Year – 1973
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 1180 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – base load
• Type of Reactor – Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR)
• Water source – Water from the Lake Rawatbhata (Rana Pratap Sagar)
• Reactor Manufacturer - AECL/DAE and NPCIL
• Reactor Type - PHWR CANDU and PHWR (four-loop)
• Turbine manufacturer - AECL Canada and BHEL India
• Generator Manufacturer - AECL Canada and BHEL India
• Owner - Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd
• Address – Rawatbhata, Chittorgarh District, Rajasthan, India
• District – Chittorgarh
• State – Rajasthan
• Contact Number -
• Email – email@example.com
• Website – npcil.nic.in
• Unit Sizes –2 x 207, 2 x 202 and 2 x 220 MWe
• Units Operational – 6
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned