Penna Ahobilam Hydroelectric Project
Penna Ahobilam Power House is erected at the HLC Colony in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The Power plant is constructed at the Penna Ahobilam Balancing Reservoir Dam. The PABR Dam is not only operating the power plant. But also used for irrigation purposes. Anantapur city is getting drinking water from this PABR Dam.
The Penna Ahobilam Hydroelectric Project has an installed capacity of 20 Megawatt. The type of project is Hydel. It is a hydroelectric power station. The status of power plant is operational. The source of water is Pennar, which is also the Basin. The construction was completed in 1994 and after that the power plant started its operation. The owner and operator of the hydroelectric power station is Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited. The beneficiary states of the hydroelectric power plant are Andhra Pradesh and its nearby states. The Net Maximum head (m) of power plant is 43 and the Net Minimum Head (m) of power plant is 23. The number of Turbines used is 2 and the turbine type is Kaplan.
The Turbine Manufacturer and the Generator Manufacturer of power plant is Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL). The Unit Sizes of power plant is 20 Megawatt (2 units x 10 MW). There are two units in operational and they are first and second units. Both of the units are commissioned with an installed capacity of 10 Megawatt each.
How to Reach: The power plant is located in the HLC Colony of Anantapur district in the state of Andhra Pradesh. You can arrive this hydroelectric power station via Road or Rail. Transport buses and taxi services are frequently available from the nearest town or cities to the power Station. The nearest well-connected railway station is Anantapur Railway Station and the nearest airport is Puttaparthi Airport.
• Power House Name – Penna Ahobilam Power House
• Commission Date –
• Approved Capacity in MW – 20 Megawatt
• Installed Capacity in MW – 20 Megawatt
• Type of Project – Hydel
• Status - Operational
• Water Source – Pennar
• Basin – Pennar
• Hydroelectric Basin – East Flowing Rivers
• Structure Type - Dam
• Construction Completion –1994
• Owner – Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited
• Address – HLC Colony, Anantapur - 515004
• District – Anantapur
• State – Andhra Pradesh
• Contact Number – 040-23321774
• Fax – 040-23307766
• Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – apgenco.gov.in
• Beneficiary States/ Union Territories – Andhra Pradesh and its neighbouring states
• Net Maximum/ Minimum Head (m) –43/23
• No of Turbines – 2
• Turbine Type - Kaplan
• Turbine Manufacturer – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• Generator Manufacturer – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• No of Penstock - 2
• Unit Sizes – 20 Megawatt (2 units x 10 Megawatt)
• Units Operational – 2