BSES Power Plant Kochi

BSES Power Plant Kochi.jpeg

BSES Power Plant Kochi is situated in Eloor village, which is about 13 Km from aluva, Kochi, Kerala. The total installed capacity of the plant is 167 MWe.

The plant is a fully operating and is a combined cycle gas turbine power plant. Here naphtha is using as the primary fuel and natural gas is used as the secondary fuel. the main source of fuel for this plant is from the fuel supply agreement with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). The plant has four different units. The first three units has an installed capacity of 43.5 MWe and are commissioned on 06-June-1999, 02-August-1999 and 04-December-1999 respectively. GE is the turbine and generator manufacturer for these three units. The fourth unit is commissioned on 23-November-2001 and has an installed capacity of 36.5 MWe. Here BHEL is the turbine and generator manufacturer.

The turbine models used in the first three units are: Gas Turbine-1 LM 6000 PC series, aeroderivative Gas Turbine Gen. Steam turbine is used in the fourth unit. Thermax Babcok & Wilcox Limited are the boiler manufacturers and dual pressure-45 tons/hour is the boiler type used here. This is an IPP ownership power plant having 86.32% shareholded by REL and its group/associates companies and the remaining 13.68% is for Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Limited (KSIDC). Stewart & Stevenson, Houston, USA is the construction contractor for the plant and BES Kerala Power Limited is the operating company of the plant.

How to Reach: BSES Kochi Combined Cycle Power Plant is located in the Eloor, near to Aluva in Kochi city of Kerala. Ernakulam Junction railway station is the nearest railway station and Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport.

Plant Details:

• Project Name – BSES Power Plant Kochi

• Commissioned Year – 1999

• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 167 MWe

• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant

• Power Plant Used for – base load

• Type of Plant – Combined Cycle Gas Turbine

• Type of Fuel – Naphtha and natural gas

• Fuel Source - Supplied accordingly with the agreement with Indian Oil Corporation Limited

• Turbine Manufacturers - GE and BHEL

• Generator Manufacturers - GE and BHEL

• Boiler model used - dual pressure-45 tons/hour

• Boiler Configuration - 3+3+1 Block

• Turbine models used - Gas Turbine - LM 6000 PC series, aero derivative GT Gen and Steam Turbine -1

• Boiler Manufacturers - Thermax Babcok & Wilcox Limited

• Owner - BSES Kerala Power Limited (BKPL)

• Address – Eloor, near to Aluva, Kochi, Kerala, India

• District – Kochi

• State – Kerala

• Contact Number - +91 (484) 305 2020

• Unit Sizes – 3 x 43.5 and 1 x 36.5 MWe

• Units Operational – 4

• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned